People typically think "What a funny name for a cycle shop!". Well, the reason for the name traces it's routes back beyond the shop first opened, originating from a nick-name of our now deceasedoriginal owner; "the ginger-haired boy who played out with wet hair". After many years of repairing cycles in his parents' kitchen, "Rusty" set up business in 1939, working right up to his death in 1982.
The story began in 1880 when Fred Hopper established a cycle repair business in a former blacksmith's shop in Barton-on-Humber, no more than 12 miles from our current location. Bicycle repairs soongave way to manufacture and the business flourished. By 1906 F. Hopper & Co. was employing over 400 people, and by 1912 the company had developed export markets in Japan, India, South Africa and Australia.
Show businesses near Scunthorpe